TEST & TASK BANK REGISTRATION
2016 – 2017
[REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, AUGUST 26, 2016]
Each Test & Task Bank participant should be registered using the REGISTRATION FORM to the right.
There is no charge for participation in the Test & Task Bank meetings. However, Test & Task Bank participants are asked to make a serious commitment to their Subject Area Work Group.
Each VSUP school division is asked to register a MINIMUM of TWO Teachers or Instructional Specialists who will each serve on one of the twenty-five different subject area Test & Task Bank Work Groups (see list below).
School divisions may register as many participants as they wish.
VSUP will accept at least FOUR representatives from each school division. If we have more Test & Task Bank participants registered than we are able to accommodate, Steering Committee Representatives of divisions which have registered more than four participants will be notified of that fact by Friday, September 2, 2016.
The deadline for receiving registrations is FRIDAY, AUGUST 26, 2016.
SUBJECT AREA WORK GROUP INFORMATION
TEST Bank Work Groups will be creating TEI’s, CR’s and MC items for the following subjects and grades:
Elementary Mathematics (grades 3, 4, 5)
Middle School and High School Mathematics (grades 6, 7, 8, Algebra I, Geometry)
Social Studies (Virginia Studies, Civics, World History I, World History II)
Elementary Language Arts (reading – grades 3, 4, 5)
Elementary and Middle School Science (grades 4, 5, 6, 7 (Life), 8 (Physical))
TASK Bank Work Groups will be creating Performance Tasks and Rubrics which can serve as Alternative Assessments for the following subjects and grades:
Social Studies (Grade 3 History, US History I, US History II)
Elementary Language Arts (Writing – Grade 5)
Elementary Science (Grade 3)
SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS
Test & Task Bank Work Group Meetings will be held at the Emmet Street Holiday Inn in Charlottesville from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., on the following dates:
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Wednesday, November 1, 2016
Wednesday, November 30, 2016
Friday, December 9, 2016 (Back up date for inclement weather)
Wednesday, March 15, 2017 (Only for Task Bank Participants)
QUALIFICATIONS OF TEST & TASK BANK PARTICIPANTS
Test & Task Bank Work Group Representatives should have the following skills and traits:
(1) Expertise in content area.
(2) Skill in creating multiple choice formative assessments (or performance tasks and rubrics).
(3) Current knowledge of Standards of Learning for content area.
(4) Working understanding of Bloom’s Taxonomy.
(5) Ability to work collaboratively.
(6) Working knowledge of PowerSchool software, especially item creation functions (or working knowledge of best practices in creation of performance assessments).
(7) Commitment to process, including preparation for, regular attendance at, & active participation in meetings.
COMMITMENTS FROM TEST & TASK BANK PARTICIPANTS
Test & Task Bank Work Group Representatives should be willing to make the following commitments:
(1) Plan to attend all FOUR Test & Task Bank Work Group Meetings (9:00 a.m. -3:00 p.m.) (Charlottesville, Virginia).
(2) Create at least FIVE items (or create a performance task and rubric) in their identified subject area during their own time before each of the October and November meetings.
(3) Participate actively and positively in Training Sessions and in Review and Revision of items (or tasks and rubrics) in Subject Area Work Groups during Test Bank Meetings.
BENEFITS FOR TEST & TASK BANK PARTICIPANTS
The benefits for Test & Task Bank Work Group participants include:
(1) Creation of high quality assessments which can be used in their own school or division.
(2) Training and practice in writing assessments which test higher level thinking skills.
(3) Opportunity for participating in a Community of Practice with colleagues from over 60 other divisions.
(4) Food on meeting days (continental breakfast, lunch, drinks, and snacks).
(5) Discounted rate on registration fees to attend selected VSUP professional development conferences.
(6) Recertification points (one point per hour) for attending meetings and for time spent working on assessments between meetings.
QUESTION OR CONCERNS
If you need more information or have any questions or concerns, please contact:
REGISTRATION FORM FOR TEST AND TASK BANK PARTICIPANTS
Mistakes made in filling out the registration will be highlighted in red.
Once you have filled out the registration completely, you will see an on-screen message thanking you for your submission.
The person (or people) whom you have designated to receive a confirmation email should see that email (with registration entries included) within 24 hours.